During the period beginning at 12 noon, New York time, on March 7th and ending at 3:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 9th, clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2016 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 9. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 9.
During the above two-day negotiating period, no direct contact is permitted between a prospective unrestricted free agent and any employee or representative of a club, other than the player’s current club.
The 2017 League Year and Free Agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.
The first day of the 2017 League Year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 9. Clubs will receive a personnel notice that will include all transactions submitted to the League office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 9.
Trading period for 2017 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2016 contracts.
PARKS AT A GLANCE:
• A safety who started 31-of-53 games played for the University of Arizona, totaling 197 tackles (130 solo), one sack (7 yds.), four interceptions (102 yds.) and 24 passes defensed.
• Opened all 27 games during his junior and senior seasons and was named one of the Wildcats’ four team captains in his final campaign.
• Contributed to the winningest stretch (33 games) in Arizona football history from 2012-15.
• Earned honorable mention All Pacfic-12 Conference honors as a senior, posting 76 tackles (53 solo), seven passes defensed and two forced fumbles.
• Started all 14 contests as a junior, recording 81 tackles (52 solo), two interceptions (14 yds.), 10 passes defensed and one fumble recovery.
• Named Defensive MVP of the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl following his 69-yard interception return for a touchdown in Arizona’s 42-19 win against Boston College.
• Attended Germantown High School in Philadelphia, where he was named a first-team All- Southeastern Pennsylvania selection as a cornerback his senior year.
• Selected by the Broncos in the sixth round (219th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.
2015: Parks opened all 13 games as a senior for the University of Arizona and was named one of the Wildcats’ four captains... Tallied a team-best 76 tackles (53 solo), seven passes defensed and two forced fumbles... Earned honorable mention All-Pacific-12 Conference honors... Named to the Jim Thopre Award and Bednarik Award preseason watch lists... Set a career high with 11 tackles in the season opener vs. UTSA (9/3).
2014: Parks started all 14 contests at the ‘spur’ position as a junior, totaling 81 tackles (52 solo), one sack (7 yds.), two interceptions (14 yds.), 10 passes defensed and one fumble recovery.
2013: Parks saw action in 13 games (4 starts) as a sophomore, recording 31 tackles (17 solo), two intercep- tions (88 yds.) and seven passes defensed... Named the AdvoCare V100 Bowl Defensive MVP after his 69-yard interception return for a touchdown helped Arizona to a victory vs. Boston College (12/31).
2012: Parks appeared in 13 games as a true freshman... Saw action in the defensive backfield in addition to special teams... Totaled nine tackles (8 solo).
HIGH SCHOOL: Parks played cornerback, receiver, running back and kick returner for Germantown High School in Philadelphia... Named to the All-Southeastern Pennsylvania first team as a senior after making 27 tackles and four interceptions (119 yards)... Played in the Chesapeake Bowl... Scored 13 touchdowns between his junior and senior year on offense... Also lettered in basketball and track and field.
PERSONAL: Parks majored in sports and society at Arizona... Will Parks was born on July 29, 1994, in Philadelphia.