Get Back To Football with the Broncos 7K!
Sunday, August 31, 2014 at 9 a.m.
Sign-up today at www.broncos7k.com.
The 7K is presented by Sports Authority, Rocky Mountain Popcorn, Maxx Sunglasses, Elements Massage and 9News.
KNIGHTON AT A GLANCE:
• A fifth-year defensive tackle who started 65-of-77 career games during his first five NFL seasons with Jacksonville (2009-12) and Denver (2013) and totaled 293 tackles (169 solo), 10.5 sacks (66 yds.), two interceptions (-1 yds.), 10 passes defensed, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.
• Tallied 59 quarterback pressures for the Jaguars, including 57 pressures during the last three seasons to rank second on the team during that span.
• Played under Broncos Defensive Coordinator Jack Del Rio in Jacksonville from 2009-11, starting all 45 games he appeared in for the former Jaguars head coach.
• Became the first defensive lineman in Jaguars history to start all 16 games as a rookie.
• Played 46 games (34 starts) at Temple University and totaled 26 career tackles for a loss as a three-year starter for the Owls.
• Joined the Broncos as an unrestricted free agent on March 14, 2013.
• Selected by Jacksonville in the third round (72nd overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft.
CAREER TRANSACTIONS: Signed by Jacksonville as a draft choice 7/31/09; Signed by Denver as an unrestricted free agent 3/14/13.
Knighton's Single Game Highs
(Postseason in parentheses)
Tackles — 11 vs. Tennessee, 10/18/10 (5 vs. Seattle, 2/2/14). Sacks — 1.5 vs. Philadelphia, 9/26/10 (1 vs. New England, 1/19/14). Sack yards — 21.5 vs. Philadelphia, 9/26/10 (10 vs. New England, 1/19/14). Interceptions — 1, twice, last vs. Tennessee, 12/8/13 (none). Interception return yards — 2 vs. Tennessee, 12/8/13 (none).
2013: Knighton started all 16 games in his first season with the Broncos, finishing with 31 tackles, three sacks, one interceptions, five tackles for a loss, seven quarterback hits and one fumble recovery... Started in his Broncos debut and made two tackles with a quarterback hit vs. Bal. (9/5)... Sacked Andrew Luck for a 7-yard loss at Ind. (10/20)... Made a pair of tackles, including one sack and a team-high three QB hits vs. Was. (10/27)... Registered a sack for his third-straight game, dropping Philip Rivers for a 3-yard loss at S.D. (11/10)... Recovered his first career fumble and returned it 13 yards at N.E. (11/25)... Made his second career interception on a pass deflected by Von Miller, and returned it 2 yards vs. Ten. (12/8)... Started all three playoff games, finishing with 12 tackles and one sack... Posted three tackles and one QB hit in his playoff debut vs. S.D. (1/12)... Tied for third on the team with four tackles, including two for a loss and one fourth-down sack of Tom Brady in the AFC Championship Game vs. N.E. (1/19)... Made five tackles, including one for a loss in Super Bowl XLVIII vs. Sea. (2/2).
2012: Knighton played all 16 games (5 starts) for the third time in his career and totaled 61 tackles (31 solo), two sacks (12 yds.), three passes defensed and two forced fumbles...Ranked second on the Jaguars with 17 quarterback pressures.
2011: Knighton started all 13 games played and tallied 61 tackles (38 solo) and one pass defensed while ranking third on the club with 17 quarterback pressures...Missed Games 9-11 with an ankle injury...Totaled 10 tackles (4 solo) at NYJ (9/18) to represent the third double-digit output of his career.
2010: Knighton opened all 16 games for the second consecutive season to begin his career and recorded a career-high 85 tackles (53 solo), four sacks (27 yds.), one interception (-3 yds.) and four passes defensed...Ranked third on the club with 23 quarterback pressures and tied for fifth among AFC defensive tackles with his four sacks...Notched a career-best 11 tackles (9 solo) vs. Ten. (10/18)...Posted his first career interception at Dal. (10/31).2009: Selected by Jacksonville in the third round (72nd overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft, Knighton became the first defensive lineman in team history to start every game as a rookie...Recorded 53 tackles (29 solo), 1.5 sacks (9 yds.), one pass defensed and one forced fumble...Played every defensive snap and added four tackles in his NFL debut at Ind. (9/13).