October 15 • 10AM - 2PM
Sports Authority Field at Mile High
For more information visit Broncosbunch.com
BARRETT AT A GLANCE:
• A third-year outside linebacker who played all 16 games (6 starts) and three postseason contests in 2015, posting 41 tackles (28 solo), 5.5 sacks (39 yds.), four passes defensed, four forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and nine special-teams stops.
• Competed on the Broncos’ practice squad for the majority of his rookie season in 2014 in addition to spending two weeks on the active roster.
• Appeared in 38 career games (35 starts) for Colorado State University and totaled 246 tackles (116 solo), 18 sacks (119 yds.), 32.5 tackles for a loss (149 yds.) and three interceptions (101 yds.).
• Finished his career at CSU with seven forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries and three blocked kicks.
• Named Mountain West Conference Defensive Player of the Year as a senior for the Rams in 2013 after ranking fifth in the nation with 12 sacks (77 yds.) and 20.5 tackles for a loss (98 yds.).
• Entered the NFL with Denver as a college free agent on May 16, 2014.
CAREER TRANSACTIONS: Signed by Denver as a college free agent 5/16/14; Waived by Denver 8/30/14; Signed by Denver (practice squad) 9/1/14; Signed by Denver (active roster) 10/15/14; Waived by Denver 10/20/14; Signed by Denver (practice squad) 10/22/14; Signed by Denver (active roster) on 1/10/15.
2015: Barrett saw action in all 16 games (6 starts) and three postseason contests, posting 41 tackles (28 solo), 5.5 sacks (39 yds.), four passes defensed, four forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and nine special-teams tackles... Tallied two tackles and one special-teams stop in Denver’s three postseason contests... Made one tackle and one special-teams stop in his NFL debut vs. Bal. (9/13)... Strip-sacked Lions QB Matthew Stafford in the fourth quarter on Sunday Night Football... Recorded four tackles (2 solo), one sack (7 yds.), one forced fumble on special teams and three solo special-teams stops at Oak. (10/11)... Started his first career game at Cle. (10/18), finishing with nine tackles (6 solo), 1.5 sacks (10 yds.), three tackles for loss, one pass defensed, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery... Notched four tackles (3 solo) and recovered a special-teams fumble that led to a fourth-quarter touchdown vs. N.E. (11/29)... Posted three solo stops, one sack (3 yds.) and one pass defensed at S.D. (12/6)... Sacked Raiders QB Derek Carr for 12 yards and posted three solo tackles and one special-teams stop vs. Oak. (12/13)... Tallied two solo tackles and forced one fumble vs. S.D. (1/3)... Assisted on one tackle each in Denver’s AFC Divisional Playoff Game vs. Pit. (1/17) and in Denver’s AFC Championship Game vs. N.E. (1/24)... Posted one special-teams stop in Denver’s Super Bowl 50 victory vs. Car. (2/7).
2014: Barrett, who entered the NFL with the Broncos as a college free agent, spent 16 weeks of the regular season competing on the club’s practice squad... Was on the 53-man roster for the club’s Week 7 game vs. S.F. (10/19) but was not activated... Active but did not play in Denver’s AFC Divisional Playoff Game vs. Ind. (1/11).
COLLEGE: Barrett played three seasons (2011-13) for Colorado State University after transferring from the University of Nebraska-Omaha, which dropped its football program... Started 35-of-38 games for CSU and totaled 246 tackles (116 solo), 18 sacks (119 yds.), 32.5 tackles for a loss (149 yds.), three interceptions (101 yds.), six passes defensed, seven forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries and three blocked kicks... Named Mountain West Conference Defensive Player of the Year as a senior in 2013 after ranking fifth in the nation with 12 sacks (77 yds.) and 20.5 tackles for a loss (98 yds.).
PERSONAL: Attended Boys Town (Neb.) High School, where he was an all-state defensive lineman... Named Athlete of the Year at Boys Town... Shaquil Akeem Barrett was born on Nov. 17, 1992, in Baltimore, Md.
LB Shaquil Barrett had 9 tackles, 1.5 sacks and a forced fumble against the Browns on Sunday, as he made his first NFL start.
The Broncos added linebacker Shaquil Barrett to the active roster on Wednesday, after he spent the previous six weeks on the practice squad.
Former Colorado State Rams Kapri Bibbs and Shaquil Barrett hope to extend the Broncos streak of undrafted free agents to make the 53-man roster.